COVID-19 Alert Level 1
Event procedures under Alert Level 1
Orienteering Wellington will take reasonable precautions to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Requirements for physical distancing and our keeping a contact tracing register no longer apply at Alert Level 1. However, we do require that you install the NZ COVID TRACER app for your own personal records and scan our QR code at each event. These records are only visible to you.
We need you to:
- install the NZ COVID TRACER app on your device and scan our QR code at events (we do not collect this data)
- bring your own water
- bring your own hand sanitiser (if you can)
- follow good hygiene practices
- keep your map after the event
- stay home if you're sick.
Orienteering Wellington will:
- provide the NZ COVID TRACER QR code
- provide hand sanitiser
- provide hand washing or sanitising facilities at key locations including toilets and finish areas.
The golden rules for everyone at Alert Level 1
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
- People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.